Aerotek Manufacturing Engineer in Holly Springs, Mississippi
A manufacturing company in north Mississippi is looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team and help support the growth that the company is experiencing. The role would develop and evaluate new processes and improve current process capability, efficiency, and overall productivity in all areas of manufacturing on new and existing products. The position would be responsible for designing of tools, fixtures, and gauges, and determination of process parameters to achieve desired production goals and quality standards. The company has been doing well and offers a great family atmosphere. This a full-time opportunity and there is a lot of growth potential.
· Process support, when maintenance cant figure it out, it goes to the Manufacturing Engineer, take their tools and support maintenance and help fix, get the line
running again, install parts/components, working with fab shop to build new parts, etc. they have to be willing to do a engineering level maintenance role.
· Develops innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems through identification and implementation of advanced manufacturing processes including conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, conferring with suppliers, and soliciting observations from the operators/production technicians.
· Refines and enhances processes by applying continuous improvement and key Lean manufacturing / production principles and techniques to areas of production.
· Recommends product changes / improvements to Product and Quality Engineers. Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
· Coordinates input that may cross multiple teams or areas; makes recommendations and implements changes.
· Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements.
· Determines root cause of failure using statistical methods (e.g., design of experiment, SPC) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods. Evaluates capital equipment investments and prepare cost justifications.
· Designs and prepares concept drawings of new equipment or modifications to existing equipment. Manages the overall implementations of capital equipment projects.
· Develops tooling and fixtures for new products and processes and works with tooling vendors to supply such designs. Identifies and implements solutions for issues relating to safety, quality, delivery, and cost reductions.
· Prepares documentation for new and modified manufacturing processes and engineering procedures such as process flow, PFMEA, MWI and other applicable APQP documents. Prepares reports summarizing analyzed process information and trends.
· Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents Company on specific projects, leads and participates on project teams.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field
· 3+ years in a manufacturing environment
· Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to use basic measuring tools, and hands-on capabilities to work on projects without supervision
· Lean manufacturing skills
· CAD skills would be a bonus
Pay: $75-95k, plus 1.5x pay for OT and benefits. *OT is not mandatory
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.